RSBY is launched by the Government of India- Ministry of Labour and Employment. Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana is been launched for all the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families which are vulnerable from any kind of illness. It was seen in many past years that these BPL families tend to borrow money from others, which leaves them ultimately in debts. RSBY provides full protection to them against high private medical expenses. Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Scheme was foresee to have Medical Health Insurance in all below poverty line families.
RSBY (Rashtriya Bima Yojana) Benefits
To all the BPL families who have enrolled to the Rashtriya Bima Yojana Scheme can avail many Benefits provided by Ministry of Labour and Employment. A very simple thing to remember is that while registering for the RSBY, the head of the family should be physically present. Various Benefits a registered BPL family can avail is as follows:
- They will get a provision of Smart Card. Now, what is Smart Card? Smart Cards are also known as ICC cards (Integrated Circuit Card) which has many important documents embedded into integrated circuits. It has Candidates Name, Age, Gender and Photograph. It helps in providing RSBY Scheme benefits in some inaccessible areas.
- It provides Coverage upto 5 members of the family, including 3 dependent members on the head of the family.
- Beneficiary will be recovered also from Precedent illness or disease.
- There will be no cash utilization in all the health services provided to the BPL families. It will be totally a Cashless Coverage.
- They will be provided also with the Transportation Allowances upto 1000 Rupees.
- No Age Bar for registering Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- All the Hospitalization and Medicine Expenses will be covered, weather it is of Pre Existing Illness or Pro Existing Illness.
- Only Rupees 30/- will be charged as a Registration Fees.
What is RSBY Scheme Premium & Coverage?
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana provides premium upto Rupees 750. Hence, Annual Insurance coverage will not exceed Rupees 30,000 for five members in the family. At the time of enrollment and renewal of the RSBY Scheme, the beneficiary just has to pay Rupees 30. Premiums for RSBY are as follows:
- For Railway Porters & Vendors: Above Poverty Line (APL) category will hold up the entire Premium.
- For Construction Workers: The whole Premium will be hold up by the construction workers.
- For Govt. of India & State Govt.: From the entire premium 75 % premium is allocated by Govt. of India and remaining 255 is allocated by State Govt.